Thursday, September 26, 2013

Coming to View

As part of a group project (and an understood internal NDA), I am going to leave a few details out of this conversation; but, our team at CoderCamps is working diligently towards launching a crowd-funding site similar to the Goliaths (Kickstarter/Indiegogo) that already exist in this sphere. The true aim of the project is to provide a similar social service while adding extra technical properties to enhance the user-experience of a crowd-funded project.  In any event, the project is large to say the least; and, as a result, sometimes it can take multiple days to implement code before being able to actually interact with the hard work you've put in and truly see some progress.

Today was that moment realized.

From a view, to the business layer, into our SQL database, and subsequently back again, I'm seeing successes across multiple features which leave me feeling a bit like I've reached my Finding Forrester moment.  Granted, neither Dave nor Nick speak with Scottish accents, but they have been instrumental in helping me find my own rhythm in ASP.NET.  There are still some obstacles to overcome and every day won't roll forward from my fingers similar to this morning's success, but I have every intention to punch the keys and then punch them some more.

-Max

No comments:

Post a Comment